The partner of choice for self storage
|Self-storage business plan|
|Choose the right location|
|Brownfield or greenfield?|
|Self-storage product choice|
|Self-storage set-up budget|
|Financing self-storage facility set-up|
|Self-storage project execution|
FEDESSA Annual Survey Results 2016
This is the fifth consecutive annual survey carried out by the Federation of European Self Storage Associations (FEDESSA) amongst its member associations and their member companies.
Here are the key highlights from the survey:
1. In 2016, Europe has 2,746 self storage facilities totalling 7,776,000 square meters of space, up 6% and 4% respectively from 2015.
2. 39% of facilities are in the UK and nearly 85% of the facilities are in six countries.
3. The average amount of storage per capita is 0.016 square metres, with the UK, the Neteherlands and Iceland having around three times this level.
4. The average facility size is 4,168 square metres, although they range in size from less than 2,000 square metres to over 6,000 square metres.
5. The average rent is €255 per square metre per annum and average occupancy has increased from 78% to 80% over the last year.
6. The European market remains highly fragmented, with the ten joint largest brands across Europe representing over 25% of the total number of facilities.
7. There have been around €500m of transactions over the last 12 months, an increase of 25% on the previous 12 months.
8. Four out of five operators expect 2016 to be a more profitable year than 2015, with more optimism about future rental increases.
9. Operators who confirmed that they are looking to expand, anticipate growth of 311 facilities in the next three years from their existing 1,099 facilities, representing growth of 8.9% per annum.
Download and read the full survey at:
Need advice speak to the experts
Need a quote?
Just click here
Forward this page now
for self-storage design solutions