Interim Marketing Executive
Janus Europe is the market leader for the design and construction of the European self-storage industry, and we are looking for a self-motivated, results-driven, enthusiastic marketing executive to take on a maternity cover role in our team. The position will be for an initial 6 month fixed term contract, but may be extended to up to 12 months in total.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Executive will be a great digital storyteller, and will constantly look to drive growth and brand exposure across our social media channels, these primarily include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn but also Vimeo and YouTube. The right candidate will be a charismatic digital marketer, ready to make their mark in a busy marketing department with a focus on content and social media marketing in particular. They will play a part in creating high calibre creative campaigns and relish the challenge of getting to know a niche target market within the self-storage sector.
Responsibilities and duties for the role will include:
- Run social media channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook) to enhance audience engagement
- Create awareness of and develop the brand you're marketing
- Help with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
- Support the marketing manager in delivering agreed activities like email campaigns, social media updates etc.
- Work closely with in-house or external creative agencies to design marketing materials such as brochures and adverts
- Write and proofread marketing copy for both online and print campaigns
- Produce creative content, including videos and blog posts
- Organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- Liaise with designers and printers and organise photo shoots
- Arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Maintain and update customer databases
- Conduct market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Monitor and report on competitor activity
- Help in implementing marketing campaigns as part of the overall marketing strategy.
- Ensure database hygiene in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Prepare weekly or monthly marketing and sales reports for management
- Coordinate with external agencies, when appropriate, to effectively manage events, editorial requests, presentations, promotional materials and online activities
- Keep track of marketing budget vs. spend
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential. Experience of a CRM is desirable, but training can be provided in Microsoft Dynamics
- This position will suit a knowledge seeker: someone with a real desire to understand how things work, who likes analysing data (e.g. on Excel spreadsheets) and is able to spot trends
- The role will be based at our Twickenham office, sits within our Sales department and will report directly to the Marketing Manager.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification to the HR Director, Deborah Finding at email@example.com.